My alien friends are back, which prompted me to write, even though its been months since the last entry. My head feels like someone scooped it into a microwave, which makes me wonder if there's a connection — you know, some kind of mind control thing.
Too bad they don't want me to like, clean the kitchen or do laundry or something. At least it'd be productive.
And the hive — we saved one of its victims, dragging itself across a teal frayed sea like a wounded combat soldier. It gonna die anyway, but seeing it struggle made the boys sad, so I picked him up and put him outside. We were all better off pretending.
I also built a fort. Pretty nifty. Except I'm not allowed in. Such is an architect's life it seems.
A storm passed though an hour back, so black, trailing low clouds that looked like disembodied tentacles. Long and fuzzy, like threads pulled through a loom. I know the house won't really blow away, but I still wish you were here.
So this is it, my ode today: To hornets, who never seem to be anything but curious. Too curious for their own good. We should all be so lucky.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Mind Freak
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment